DILUTE PHASE & VACUUM CONVEYING SYSTEMS:
The simple positive pressure or ‘Blowing’ system is the most elementary of all the pneumatic conveying systems with the product being totally suspended in the air stream. These systems generally comprise a blower or fan delivering air into the pipeline, a feed device to entrain the product into the conveying air and a filter or air separator to remove the product from the air at the receiving hopper.
- Conveying pressures up to 1.0 barg
- Low product/air ratio, generally up to 15:1 Conveying velocities 18 to 35 m/s
- Complex systems conveying to multiple delivery points possible using diverter values
- Closed loop conveying and low velocity conveying systems
Negative pressure or Vacuum transfer systems generally comprise similar equipment to the positive pressure system. Vacuum systems have an advantage that any system leakage is inward, so the escape of dust into the atmosphere is much reduced.
- Conveying pressures up to -0.5 barg
- Low product/air ratio, generally up to 15:1
- Particularly suitable for conveying from multiple sources to a single point